Before you apply for the Kenyan Visa, whether it’s a single entry visa or a transit visa, you need to have information about what exactly you will go through before getting your Visa.
You need to know what might amount to an offence, what you are supposed to do, how long you should wait, and the due procedure. Here is what you should know before applying for a Kenyan Visa.
1. You should get your eVisa within two working days.
2. All Visa Applications attract a $1 Service Charge.
3. If you possess an eVisa, that does not mean it is the final authority to enter Kenya
4. You should not engage in any form of business or employment without a valid permit or pass. It is an offence.
5. Prior to entry into Kenya, a visa is required.
6. Each and every adult visitor to Kenya is supposed to submit eVisa applications through the e-visa website
- Click register on http://evisa.go.ke/
- Select Register as a Visitor.
- Once Logged in, Select Department of Immigration services.
- Select submit Application.
- Select Kenyan Visa.
- Select the type of Visa and read the Instructions Carefully.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay Using visa card, Mastercard and other debit cards.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
You will need the following things during the application
- A Digital Passport Photo of 500px x 500px max.
- Scanned copy of the biodata page on your passport
- A card for online payment i.e Visa, MasterCard Credit or Debit card.
- Invitation letter to Kenya, Hotel Booking or your travel Itinerary
7. Applications which are incomplete are usually rejected
8. Visa fee for a single entry visa is $51 – This type of visa is issued for to persons whose nationalities require visas to enter Kenya. Used for both business and tourism.
9. Visa fee for a Transit visa is $21 – This type of visa is issued for periods not exceeding three days to persons whose nationalities require visas to enter Kenya and who intend to transit through Kenya to a different destination.
10. Visa fee for an East Africa Tourist Visa is $101 – This is a joint tourist visa that entitles holders to travel to and within the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for the purpose of tourism. It’s valid for 90 days.
11. It is a must to present the eVisa printout at the port of entry.
12. Holders of travel documents (Not a National Passport ) should not make eVisa applications but should apply to the Director of immigration services.
13. The Visa processing fee is usually non-refundable
14. Children who are sixteen(16) years and below are exempted from visa payment and are not expected to make a visa application.
16. In the event of lapse during payment please do not re-apply, contact the administrator on [email protected]
Phone : +254 709 480 000
Email: [email protected]