Located on the foothills of Mt. Kenya in Laikipia, Sirai House is as magnificent as it is pricey. Sirai House sits in a secluded 250-acre estate, high on a ridge with spectacular views in all directions, surrounded by indigenous forests and game-rich Kenyan hills and plains.
How To Get There
Borana is a four-hour drive from Nairobi and a one-hour drive from the town of Nanyuki.
There are daily scheduled flights by Safarilink and Air Kenya from Nairobi Wilson Airport to neighbouring Lewa Downs Conservancy airstrip from where Sirai House staff will pick you up. It’s about 50 minutes’ drive to Sirai House.
Sirai House has courageously redefined the bush home experience in Kenya, trapping you perfectly between a bush and a home away from home.
Sirai has beautiful cottages with master ensuite bedrooms, master bathrooms and suites. The master ensuite has unrivalled space and luxury. Beyond a glass wall of retractable doors, a private terrace and inﬁnity pool lead the eye out across the plains of Kenya that lay below Sirai.
At Sirai House, you will enjoy fruits and juices, homemade granolas, local yoghurts, to sip dark Kenyan coffee and watch plates of bacon or eggs or pancakes coming from the kitchen for breakfast, lunches can be as relaxed or formal as you wish, then afternoon lunch is also served followed by dinner of your choice.
When darkness sets in, you can have the staff at Sirai organize a sundowner as you watch dusk fall over the plains.
Things to Do
While here, you can enjoy swimming in the infinity pools, go horse riding or if you cant ride a horse, you can just visit the stables to stroke the muzzles. You can visit the hotel’s garden, bees and chicken farms. There is also a well-stocked library in Sirai House and a cinema. You can choose from over 500 films, Netflix boxsets or live sports matches while eating some freshly made popcorn in the cinema room.
- Swimming poll
- Tennis Court
- Retreat Lounge
- Jogging Track
There are many other additional activities one can do in the beautiful Sirai including;
- Excursions – From your base at Sirai, all of Kenya calls to you with a warm welcome. Take a short drive or a breathtaking helicopter flight to see more of this very special part of the world. You can visit The Blue Pools, Mount Kenya, The Singing Wells, Lake Bogoria, Suguta Valley & Lake Turkana.
- Game Drives
- Walking Safaris
- Riding Safaris
- Fly Camping
- Picnics and Sundowners
- Watering hole and hide watching
Booking a Stay
Sirai House is an exclusive occupancy hotel. It sleeps 12 guests in six suites and there is also a pilot’s room. It is available for rental all year round on an exclusive occupancy basis. The minimum stay is 3 nights.
- $14,000 per night (up to 6 guests)
- Additional guests (up to a maximum of 12 guests) at $2,200 per adult per night
- Children between the age of 6 and 12 years of age at $960 per child per night
- Children between the age of 0 and 5 years of age are complimentary
- $215 per night per person for private guides or pilot
- A recommended gratuity of $50 per guest per day
There is a Borana / Lewa conservation fees which is not included in the rate per night. Kenyan guides will pay Kenya resident conservation fees and non-Kenyan guides will pay the agent rate.
- Overnight Non Kenyan Residents $99 + VAT = $115
- Overnight Kenya Residents Ksh 2200+ VAT = 2550
- Day Non Kenya Residents $155 + VAT =$ 178
- Day Kenyan Residents Ksh 6328+ VAT = 7,340
- Zoo Group (LWC Approved) $60 (Jan & Oct) $50 (Mar – June, Nov & Dec)
- Agents $ 33+ VAT = $ 38 All of the above: Children 6-12 years of age 50%
What’s included in the tariff
• Exclusive use of the house including all amenities and facilities
• Bespoke, all-suite accommodation
• All meals, whether served at home or in the bush
• All beverages; including house wines, house champagne, spirits and liqueurs
• Sonos music system and high-speed wi-fi in every room
• Comprehensive DVD library, in-house cinema
• Table tennis, billiards, tennis & a fully equipped gym
• Spa retreat with steam room, plunge pool and aqua spa
• Full laundry and butler service
• Babysitting facilities for children
• Open Land Rover 4×4 safaris and guided wilderness walks
• Wilderness trail running accompanied by local athletes
• Road transfers from the Borana, Lewa or Nanyuki airstrips
• Hilltop sunset cocktails
• Contribution to the Borana Ranch community and conservation projects
• All local taxes
What’s not included in the tariffs
• Premier cellar wines and champagnes
• Studio purchases
• Air transfers
• Spa treatments
• Riding safaris accompanied by experienced guides
• Helicopter fishing trips, wilderness camping, quad biking & buggies, paragliding, canopy walks and natural
• Staff gratuities
• Borana/Lewa conservancy fees – $115 per adult per day; $53 per child per day