It’s not only Wildebeest Migration and the Big Five that makes Kenya such an incredible safari destination in entire sub-Saharan Africa. Its incredible beauty, sensational game viewing, soul-stirring cultural encounters and deliciously unique local cuisines makes in a perfect honeymoon and safari destination in Africa.
From witnessing the jaw-dropping and endlessly thrilling wildebeest migration into the infamous Maasai Mara to the tranquil beauty of Amboseli and majestic leopards of Samburu, it’s impossible for Kenya to disappoint.
Plus, you can combine your wildlife safari with a tropical beach holiday in some of the most magnificent coastal beaches of Kenya.
Top 7 Safaris in Kenya
Below are the best safaris in Kenya
1. Safari Camping in Amboseli and Maasai Mara
Enjoy wildlife viewing while staying at some of the award-winning eco-camps that are located at the perfect locations for observing game. The camps are ideal for couples and honeymooners, another good reason to book your next safari at Kenya’s leading game reserves.
- Day and night safaris
- Private concessions away from the crowds
- Nature walks with Maasai tour guides
- Intimate & award-winning eco-camps
This safari is most suitable for couples, honeymooners, families and small groups
2. Fly-in Safari to Amboseli, Meru and Maasai Mara
If you wish to cover a large area in a relatively short time then flying in a light aircraft from destination to the next would be ideal. This also allows you to spend more time in each location, allowing you to enjoy more without worrying that you’ll be late for your next destination since flying is faster compared to going by car.
- Fly-in to three premier parks
- Walking safari in Amboseli
- Full-day game drive at the Mara
- Massage at Elsa’s Kopje Meru National Park
This safari is most suitable for couples, honeymooners, families and groups.
3. Nairobi 3-Day Safari
If you wish enjoy safari within the confines of Nairobi metropolitan then this is the ideal safari package for you. Some of the destinations you’ll visit include Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Centre, Nairobi Animal Orphanage, Nairobi National park, and Maasai Ostrich Resort among others.
- Enjoying your breakfast with giraffes at Giraffe Centre
- Feeding baby elephants at David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Game viewing at Nairobi National Park
- Seeing Nile crocodiles at Nairobi Mamba Village
- Fun walk at Nairobi Safari Walk
The good thing is that you can do dozen more things in between or after your safari in Nairobi as the capital has a lot to offer. This safari is suitable for everyone, including couples, honeymooners, families and groups.
4. Fun-Filled Family Adventure Safari
This safari starts at Nairobi’s Giraffe Manor followed by a flight to one of Kenya’s best private rhino conservancies in Laikipia. This is followed by another fly-in to Samburu National Reserve for some fun-filled camelback riding and fly-camping safaris. Finally head to Maasai Mara for a picturesque witnessing of Wildebeest Migration.
- Enjoy breakfast with Rothschild’s giraffes in Nairobi
- Fly to Laikipia’s rhino sanctuary
- Horse riding and mountain biking near Mt. Kenya
- Helicopter flights near Mt. Kenya (optional)
- A visit to Samburu manyatta (a traditional village)
- Camelback rides and fly-camping in Sammburu
- Wildebeest Migration viewing (between June and September)
This safari is ideal for almost everyone, including families, couples and groups.
5. Maasai Mara Photographic Workshop Safari
This is arguably the most ideal safari package for photographers. With the help of a photographic guide who knows everything about animal behavior in the wild, you’ll be able to set up the perfect shots and enjoy the best one-on-one tuition on photo editing (in case you aren’t a pro photographer). Go on daily game drives as well as spot-lit night drives to capture the best game shots that only few get a chance to. Apart from getting to shoot the incredible Maasai Mara landscape, you’ll also have an option to shoot the Wildebeest Migration from a bird’s view on a hot-air balloon safari.
- Tailor made safari for amateur and professional wildlife and nature photographers
- Both day and night game drives with expert photographic guides
- Good camera equipment & editing assistance
- Ideal for seasonal Wildebeest Migration
This safari package is ideal for amateur photographers, couples and groups.
6. Ultra-Luxury Bush-to-Beach Safari
Kick this off at one of Kenya’s most exclusive safari lodges within the hills of the Mara Triangle escarpment, the location of the famous picnic scene in the multi-award-winning movie, Out of Africa. Angama Mara Lodge is the best a safari tourist can ever ask for as it exudes elegance and sophistication, the perfect place to unwind after witnessing the thrills of predator action and wild game. Then head down to the exclusive-use luxury villas of Diani Beach where you get to enjoy ocean breeze caress your soft skin after a fun-filled adventures.
- Game drives & guided nature walks
- Interactions with the Maasai people
- Lavish tented suites at Angama Mara Lodges
- Exclusive–use beach villa at Diani Beach
- Elevated beach accommodation overlooking the Indian Ocean
- Fresh sea food at Alfajiri Beach Villa
- All-time Wi-Fi Internet access
This safari is most suitable for honeymooners and couples.
7. Private Family Safari in Samburu
Want to whisk your family away for some amazing bush adventure? The luxurious villas offer great privacy and home-away-from-home experience while enjoying hiking and elephants viewing from the Kalama Corridor. It has the perfect blend of fun, adventure, wildlife and culture all seamed together to ensure your kids don’t miss home at all.
- Stay in private luxury villas
- Involves fun, adventure and wildlife viewing
- Nature walks and cave adventures
- Unwind in the Maasai and Samburu Wellbeing Spaces
This safari is ideal for families with kids and small groups.